How to Fight the Frizz in the Summer Heat
How to Tame Frizzy Hair
Fighting that stubborn frizz can feel like a wrestling match in hot weather, but it doesn't have to ruin your summer fun! Taming wild hair is easy with the right products and hairstyles. Here are a few tips to learn how to tame frizzy hair.
What hair products win the anti-frizz fight? Try experimenting with different types, like leave-in conditioner, mousse, and edge control. Here are some of our favorite anti-frizz products:
- Texture Styling Mousse - Hydrates curly hair and retains healthy nutrients with a fresh, bouncy look. Great for wet and dry styling.
- Edge Control Gel, Light to Medium Hold - Smooth down hairlines and define edges without flaking or grease. It also helps prevent hair breakage and tames frizz for your favorite hairstyle!
- Daily Leave-In Conditioner - Great for all hair types! This leave-in conditioner comes as a spray for that convenient "wash and go" look anytime, anywhere. Defines curls and smooths luscious locks.
Different Hairstyles for Frizzy Hair
Tame the frizzy hair beast with these easy hairstyles that don't require excessive product amounts or hair processing.
- Fishtail Braid - Frustrating frizz is easily conquered with a braid. Try a fishtail braid if you need a no-fail formal style in a flash!
- Messy Buns - Both half-buns and full messy buns are in style, and they're less stressful than their neater cousin styles. They're a super-easy way to tame the frizz and can be worn for any occasion.
- Brushed-out Curls - If you're dealing with wavy, frizzy, curly hair all at once, then it's time to embrace that Merida Brave movie look. Simply brush out those curls and add some serum or leave-in conditioner to hydrate voluminous locks for a fresh romantic look!
Tools to Help Frizzy Hair
We love our hairstyling tools, but the heat they bring on top of the hot summer temps can do a double number on our already wild tresses. Breakage and hair damage? No, thank you! To help prevent this, try using a heat protectant prior to blow-drying hair. Using a blow-dryer on the lowest heat setting also helps with preventing and reducing hair breakage.
With these tips in tow, you can tame the frizz beast for a happy, healthy mane that you'll love to show off this summer. Now, get out there and be your glamorous self!