3 Cute Summer Hairstyles Perfect for Date Night
As we head through summertime, we start to feel adventurous, spontaneous, and overall creative. We all want to try some new things, eat new foods, go on dates, and of course, try new hairstyles to change up our look. If you’re not quite sure where to start, no worries! Here are some cute summer hairstyles that are perfect for date night so you can slay Summer 2021!
A romantic updo is literally romantic and elegant, but can also be worn during a nice Netflix and Chill type evening. Did we mention that it requires no heat styling? Who doesn’t love that?! Here’s how to achieve a romantic updo for date night:
- Apply the Rucker Roots curl-defining cream generously all over the hair.
- Gather your hair at the crown of the head. It’s okay if some flyaways come free.
- Create a ponytail around the base of the hair tie to form the bun.
- Use bobby pins to secure into place.
You can mist the front and back of the hair with hairspray for a more sleek look, but for a more sexy and relaxed look you can keep the flyaways how they naturally fall.
Sleek High Ponytail
Inspired by the 90s, a sleek high ponytail is trendy in today’s latest looks. This is perfect for a date night, or relaxing evening at the house. Pair it with a bright red lip, or fuzzy loungewear. Did you know that this hairstyle only takes about 3 minutes to achieve? Here’s how:
- Tease the hair for more lift and volume at the crown if necessary.
- Gather your hair into a high ponytail, making sure it is at the crown of your head, and secure it with an elastic.
- Apply bobby pins on the underside of the ponytail to keep from lifting.
Messy Half Bun
Just because it’s called a messy half bun, doesn’t mean it has to look… messy. Here’s how to make a messy half bun look intentional:
- Gather the hair from the center top of the head, down to where both ears are, to the center of the head just below the crown.
- Keep it balanced to avoid having uneven bumps throughout.
- Make sure to have no hard lines or partings when pulling the hair back.
- Twist the ponytail around itself and then coil it toward the base until you have your bun. Secure with elastic or bobby pins.