Best Hairstyles for Working Out
Imagine leaving the salon on a fabulous Saturday, then comes Tuesday, aka gym day and you are looking in the mirror wondering if you should skip a workout to avoid frizzy roots, and sweat out curls? Having slayed hair and staying healthy should not be a choice we have to make, especially when salon visits and gym memberships cost a pretty penny... no pun intended.
Studies prove that to live a long, healthy life, a minimum of 30 minutes of physical activity is not just needed, it is crucial to our wellbeing. What are we to do? Let’s explore a few manageable hairstyles that can take you from work then to the gym, then back to work, giving ‘I woke up like this’ vibes. Grab a snack, a drink, and let’s dive in.
Pineapple Hair Method
Have you ever heard of the pineapple hair method? Yeah, the one that looks exactly like a pineapple sitting on your head. This style is one of the easiest and lowest maintenance styles to achieve, which is great for a work out! It consists of creating a loose, high ponytail on top of your head. Be sure to keep your pineapple high to keep from contact with your clothes to prevent hair sweat.
Here’s how to pineapple hair in just 3 simple steps!
- Bend forward and gather all of your hair together to the top of your head, making sure to bring it as close to your forehead as possible.
- Secure your hair with a scrunchie or elastic band loosely, making sure that it isn’t too tight.
- Fluff your hair with your hands for more volume and support.
Cornrows are the perfect hairstyle for working out to the extreme. We’re talking about high-speed or explosive workouts to boost your energy. You will be able to concentrate on your workout rather than your hair with cornrows. To achieve this look:
- Prep your hair to prevent frizz by adding Rucker Roots leave-in conditioner and applying to damp hair before braiding.
- Part your hair into individual sections with a rattail comb to create the size desired.
- Divide your hair sections into three parts for braiding.
- Begin braiding. Add hair if necessary. (Remember to braid hair under instead of over, which will result in a french braid rather than a cornrow)
Space Bun Hairstyles
Space buns are simple, yet messy, and can be worn high up, or low down. They are perfect for a dance class, Zumba, or a relaxed workout. Here’s a step by step process on how to do space buns:
- Choose to brush your hair, or use your hands to part your hair in two sections.
- Gather one section of hair towards the top or back of your hair to create pigtails.
- Make your buns by wrapping the length of your hair around the base of the ponytail. Secure bobby pins if needed.
- Repeat on the other side.
Using the Rucker Roots textured styling mousse will help give your hair grip and added interest!Try our Daily Leave-In Conditioner Spray for all 3 of these fabulous looks! We love these styles and would love to see you in them! Tag us on Instagram!