It’s Back to School Season!
Summer is almost ending, which means it is the beginning of a new school year. A lot of challenges occur when a school year begins. One of the areas of concern for most parents from our community is haircare for our little ones. A daily routine on school days is already a bit hectic. Adding the stress of ensuring our children's haircare is taken care of can be quite overwhelming. From adjusting their hair and planning their hair for their daily activities, it is mandatory that we think about how we will protect our children's hair!
Learning how to grow and manage natural hair usually a whole lot of trial and error for most parents. Rucker Roots is here to ensure you do not have to keep guessing and help you on this journey of healthy, natural hair. Here are some of our top tips on handling hair care this school year.
- Shampoo your child’s hair twice a month. Shampoo tends to be clarifying, which means it dries out the hair. Shampooing too frequently can lead to dry and oil-free hair which becomes hard to manage and prone to breakage. If you find you are shampooing too frequently, you can switch to a co-washing the hair which is using a conditioner instead of shampoo when wash their hair. Click Here for shampoo and conditioner.
- Conditioner Tip: A great way to get to condition their hair is to wet the hair first. Let it sit on the hair for a few minutes, then use a wide-toothed comb to gently comb through the hair as you detangle the hair. Click Here for shampoo and conditioner.
- After conditioning, Use a generous amount of leave-in conditioner and apply it to the hair. Once that is complete, style the hair as you wish.
- Use protective styles: Protective styles are meant to help the hair grow and make haircare easy. Styles like twist-outs are easy to manage, and the good thing is you can still continue with your normal hair care routine while you still have them on. Click Here for protective styles products.
- Involve your children in their hair care routine. Teaching your children the basics of haircare will enable them to also participate in their hair care journey, giving you some free time to focus on other tips and tricks.
What are some of your back-to-school hair care hacks for your children? Let us know by connecting with us on our social media pages! We love to hear what has been working for you!